H.H. Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, Saudi Arabia’s youngest and dynamic Minister of Defense, Chief of Royal Court and Saudi Deputy Crown Prince, and the Chairman of the Council for Economic and Development Affairs is all the aforementioned, at the young age of 31. He is also the Head of Saudi Oil Monopoly, ARAMCO and the head of Economic and Policy and the National Investment Fund, in short, “Mr. Everything”.
He is the grandson of the “Father of Modern Saudi Arabia”, King Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud and son of King Salman with his third wife.
Being the rebel that he is, while most princes were sent abroad for their education, Prince Salman received his education in Riyadh schools and was an ardent student, ranking among the top 10 students upon his graduation and later went on to obtain his bachelor’s degree in Law from King Saud University.
- Prince Salman started his career quite young in his life and started with a role of consultant to the to the Experts Commission under the Saudi Cabinet.
- He is also the Secretary General of Riyadh Competitive Council.
- Prince Salman was also the special advisor to the Chairman of the Board for the King Abdul Aziz Foundation for Research and Archives.
- Prince Mohammed bin Salman became the Supervisor of the Crown Prince’s Office.
- He is also a member of the executive committee for development of Taqiyya Region.
- Establishment of the prince Mohammed Bin Salman Foundation, MiSK in 2011 and is till date, the Chairman of the Board.
- He moved on to the role of Private and Special Advisor to the then Crown Prince, his father, Prince Salman. He quickly went on to securing the position of President of the Crown Prince’s Court and the State Minister at this time.
- Upon the demise of King Abdullah, Prince Salman’s father was made king in 2015 and Prince Mohammed bin Salman was appointed the Minister of Defense. Simultaneously, he was also given the role of Secretary General of the Royal Court.
- In April 2015, King Salman appointed his son as Deputy Crown Prince after coming to power.
- Prince Mohammed was named Chair of Council for Economic and Development Affairs.
- Later, he was rightfully given control over Saudi ARAMCO, the world’s largest Oil, and Gas Company.
- He is the Chairman of the Board of Prince Salman Youth and is also the Vice President and head of the Executive Committee of the Prince Salman Charitable Housing Association.
- Prince Salman also holds the position as Head of Financial Committee of the Holy Quran Association in Riyadh,
- He is the Chairman of Riyadh Schools and Honorary Chairman of Saudi Management Association.
- Prince Salman is the honorary member of the National Association for Drug Prevention.
- He is the Honorary Chairman of the Crafted Hands Association.
- He has also been the member of Board of Trustees for Albir Society in Riyadh Region.
- Deputy Crown Prince Salman is also the Board Member of the Bin Baz Foundation and co-founder of Bin Baz Foundation for Marriage and Family.
- Newly appointed as the Crown Prince replacing Prince Mohammed bin Naif to the post.